Monday, February 3, 2014

Love is a Someone

Well it's February. You know what that means.
Cold weather, delayed flights, the end of football season, MLB spring training, Mardi Gras buzz … oh yeah, and that little day called Valentine's Day.



Don't start rolling your eyes yet Valentine haters. I'm not going to go "Nicholas Sparks" on ya.
But I do want to hang out on this idea of "love" over the next few posts.

I know, I know, the "love" theme is cliche.
But aren't cliches, cliche for a reason?
Why do you think almost every song, every book, every poem, every commercial includes this idea of "love"?

Because we were made for it - made to love, made to be loved, made to say love, made to know love.

And did you know that you were made by Love?
Love thought you into existence.
Love knit you together in your mother's womb. It breathed life into your soul.
Love gave you a purpose, a name.
Love knows the number of hairs on your head and number of thoughts inside it.
Love knows your every secret, every victory, every tear, every chuckle, every sigh.

Love made you.
You see … Love is a Someone.

Sure, love is a word.
Love is an action.
Love is a feeling.

But above all else, Love is a Someone.

So I want to spend this month looking at some of my favorite stories about Love - the capital L kind - so that even you Valentine haters might find a reason to celebrate.

1 John 4:8, "God is Love."

So today, when you are stuck in traffic listening to a song about love, curled up on your couch watching a TV show about love, or watching the latest wedding proposal on Youtube that's gone viral, remember that you are loved by Love.

The capital L kind.

(taken from an excerpt in Love Is …  )

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so insightful! I really needed to be reminded of this before this coming Valentine's Day appeared. I take such solace in knowing that I am loved forever and always. Thanks Jenna. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it encouraged you Alissa! Happy Valentine's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Echoing Alissa's comment, I take such comfort in knowing that I am loved ultimately and unconditionally! I love the part where you described what Love did, so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete